Michael Faircloth was born and raised in Harford County, Maryland and currently residing in Bel Air, Maryland. He publicly acknowledged faith in Christ at age six and began studying piano at age seven.
During high school, completed the pre-conservatory program at the Peabody Preparatory in Baltimore. Later he received Bachelor and Master of Music degrees in piano from the University of Maryland at College Park.
Michael as served as pianist for various churches since age eleven. His
recording career began at age nineteen and includes nine piano solo albums as well as projects with other artists.
He has had many concert appearances for churches and ministries throughout the United States and Canada, and ministerial collaboration with many other Christian musicians and speakers.
Michael has served as Pianist at/for:
- Maranatha Bible & Missionary Conference, Muskegon, Michigan from 1985 to 1989
- Sandy Cove Ministries in North East, Maryland for over 30 years
- accompanist for New Life Community Church in Kingsville, Maryland (currently serving)
- The National Christian Choir since 2011
Michael recently released newest recording, Retrospect, a look back at over 30 years of music ministry
Awards and Achievements
- Prize-winner in the Instrumental Solo Competition, 1980 Christian Artsts’ Music Seminar in the Rockies
- First place in the 1984 Mu Phi Epsilon Scholarship Competition, Washington, DC
- Semi-finalist in the 1985 International Stravinsky Awards, Urbana, Illinois
- Named an “Outstanding Young Man of America” in 1986